Now that Spring is actually here in NC, and its not just a little phrase to throw around, a lot can finally change. With the earth all around getting an upgrade, so does my makeup routine. My lips are always the first to get their “Welcome Back Sun” makeover. I gravitate towards corals and plums in a big way. Here are my top lip products for the season.
1. Chanel’s Rough Allure in 136 Mélodieuse. This beautiful coral lipstick is so bright and cheery. It was released with one of Chanel’s spring collection and it literally called my name. After seeing Lisa Eldridge use it in one of her videos, I couldn’t not have this in my collection. Very comfortable to wear, and I think it would look good on a multitude of skin tones.
2. By Terry’s Hyaluronic Sheer Rouge in 2 Mango Tango. I’ve already written about my love for this, but it must be included in this post too. It feels so darn good! If the Chanel coral is too bold, this is a great stepping stone. It’s sheer, but not too much so that you can’t see the kiss of color. The rosey scent is just an added bonus for Spring.
3. Mac’s Up the Amp. Have you seen a more gorgeous purple in your life??? The moment I laid eyes on this, I didn’t even question the purchase-and I haven’t regretted it. This is a statement lipstick if there ever was one. Paired with a touch of pink on the cheeks, you’ll look a Spring blossom.
4. Revlon’s Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Darling. Again, if you’re wanting to sport a little purple on the lips but Up the Amp is a little too bold, then this is a great alternative. It’s a light wash of sheer lilac all over the lips that’s incredibly easy to apply and wear throughout the day. It’s still very moisturizing, so if you have dry lips-this too is a great one to add to your Spring looks.
5. Bobby Brown’s High Shimmer Lip Gloss in Bare Peach 32. Let me start with saying that I DO NOT purchase sparkly lip glosses. I honestly have no idea why I bought this, but I am so glad that I did. This is from Bobby’s Nectar and Nude Spring Collection and I bought it along with the palette from the same collection. This is a golden goddess type of lip gloss. Even without much of a tan, this color just gives a yummy glow to the face. The glitter is not chunky at all, and the gloss is super comfortable to wear either on its own or over a lipstick. I sometimes pair this with Mac’s Altered Beige, for a more exciting nude.
6. Laura Mercier’s Lip Glacé in Bonbon. Don’t let the bright color in the tube fool you. This peony pink gives a luscious and plump look to the lips. Out and about and needing something really easy to apply that still looks like you’ve got a bit of color on? This is it. The formula is fantastic to boot. Smooth, not sticky with a slight sweet scent. Laura has the best lip glosses in my mind and this color just screams Spring in a beautiful way.
I would LOVE to know some of your favorite lip products for Spring! Gloss or lipstick? Stains? Balms? Leave them in the comments below!
Lots of love,